Why would you pay for a website when you can get one for free from one of many online services?
As in any field or profession, there are nuances to the work of website development and it takes an expert to do the job properly. It’s not enough to just have a website anymore – in order to be competitive, your site needs to be a communications and customer relations tool that builds your brand. You can expect many benefits from a professionally developed site that you wouldn’t get with a cookie-cutter solution.
The Benefits of Experience:
- Expert graphic design, customized to enhance your company’s image.
- An interface design that will make your site easy to use.
- Attention to meta tags and the other factors that increase your search engine ranking.
- Conversations that help you evolve your concept of what you want your site to do for your business.
- Training and ongoing technical support.
- Web marketing suggestions to get the word out about your product or service.
- Details like iPhone icons, custom barcodes (readable by smartphones) and other small digital treats that make your business appear modern and appreciative of your sophisticated online guests.
- Traffic monitoring tools – and training on how to read your visitor metrics so you can judge the effectiveness of your marketing.
- Explanations of new technologies and pointers to popular sites, along with suggestions on how you can use these tools to grow your business.
Not Just Nerds!
A good website development firm offers more than just a site. Your developer is also a consultant – one who specializes in emergent technologies and can be a valuable guide to doing business in the digital age.